Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 14: Departure Day

We are packing up and leaving Chile today! I'm am so sad, it's so hard to leave to such a great country. I have had such an amazing experience here and it feels like it's too soon to leave! I am so grateful for this experience and I have appreciated every moment. Through this experience, I have learned so much about Chile's culture, the economy in Chile, how they do their business, and more. I have also made lifelong friends with the Chilean students from the University of Santa Maria, and it's so hard to say goodbye to them. Today, I woke up around 10:00 am to finish packing and to do some last minute things. The students gave all of us a sweatshirt from their university, so all the American students on our trip wore them to the airport today.
A few of the students came to the hotel today to say their last goodbyes and to wish us a safe flight and a good summer. Alejandro, one of the greatest friends that I’ve met in Chile, surprised me at the hotel to say goodbye before we left. 

When the bus came, we all reluctantly boarded and a few of us cried, including myself, because we were so sad to go. When we got to the airport in Santiago, it took us a while to get our boarding passes and make it through customs. Our flight wasn’t scheduled to leave until 9:15, so we had time to get dinner. It was our last meal that we had to order in Spanish! There was a bar by our terminal called “The Last Pisco Sour”. This was funny because Pisco Sours are one of Chile's national and most drinks and they don't make them in the U.S.



No comments:

Post a Comment